Friday, December 23, 2011

Welcome to the CBCs!

Welcome! The next couple articles are on experiences on some local Christmas Bird Counts.

I am glad you joined me for a tour of our local birding spots, and I invite you to Saturday's Wooster CBC. Details can be found on the GMAS website

Christmas Bird Counts are an important way to gather information on the changing populations of birds.  They are also a lot of fun.  If you were directed here by Jim McCarty's Aerial  View  you will want to roll down to the Dec. 19th Weekend CBC post.  Thanks to Jim for the great reporting he does on our birds and birding community.  I am certain that is the information that he wanted you to enjoy.  The more recent post concerned some environmental issues we have been dealing with in Ohio.  While I cannot turn my head and pretend I don't see these issue going on, I certainly would not use Jim as a platform for my causes.

So if you are new to CBC's and want an uplifting story  GO Here.  But if your are a regular birder, consider this- Ohio is undergoing some serious environmental issues.  Remember to take part in protecting those birds we all love to see.

Best,  Cheryl Harner

No comments:

Post a Comment