Monday, August 15, 2011

1000 Islands by Cruise Ship

The next couple blogs may be more water oriented than botany, but I can only hope you'll forgive. I'll try my best to work some interesting plants and birds into the posts. The scenery is bound to be amazing. After all, what's not to like about ...

1000 Islands! We will be featuring everything from a waterfront view, as my family is aboard a cruise ship in the St.Lawrence Seaway.

The architectural scenery is almost overwhelming. As beautiful as these island are, man has left his calling card in every nook and cranny. We have seen everything from castles to shacks, in every size and description.


I'll do my best to feature some of the history, both natural and man-made.



"Welcome Aboard!" the Canadian Empress. We are about to cruise one of America's largest, most scenic rivers.




1 comment:

  1. I'll look forward to this as it's an area I've always wanted to visit. My son spent one summer at Kingston so I have some first hand info.

    ReplyDelete