Sunday, May 10, 2009

Busted!

Spent the early part of the weekend up at Magee Marsh for some fabulous birding. And we will certainly get to the boardwalk and the findings there in another post. First, let's look at a couple moments that struck me as very funny; you might enjoy them too.

Benton Carroll Salem Rd. has always been notorious for good shorebirds in the field- and the local police. We were all under the impression that our troubles were gone when Ottawa purchased this tract of land and provided shore bird habitat up-close and personal. However, once you park 35 cars, and a tour bus from Cleveland, I guess we exceeded some kind of limit...

"Move along folks. Nothing to see here. Move along..."

He couldn't really start writing us tickets, as it would have taken all afternoon. Yes, that is infamous Ann Oliver's car in the foreground. Scoff law!

And another case of someone getting their chops busted. I could only imagine...

"Really, Vincent... I ask for FROSTED shredded wheat. Now what will we do with all of this?"

Hope you had a good weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. I think the fuzz is attracted to your SHOVLR license plate.

    I never knew vultures liked frosted shredded wheat! I will put some out for them next time they are soaring overhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah, I mean who could eat the stuff without frosting? It would taste just about like those hay bales! :)

    ReplyDelete